- Brinjal - 250 gms
- Green peas - 100 gms
- Ginger - small piece as shown below
- Green chillies - 4 nos.
- Oil - 2 spoons
- Bengal gram (Chana dal) - 1 tsp
- Black gram (Urid dal) - 1 tsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Red chillies - 4 nos.
- Curry leaves - few
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Fresh corrainder leaves for garnishing.
- Cut brijal into small pieces and boil brinjal, green chillies and green peas in a vessel for 15 minutes.
- While boiling add some salt and a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Once boiled drain the water and seperate the boiled green chillies.
- Now make a fine paste of ginger and boiled green chillies. Add little tamarind if you like.
- Mix the above paste to the boiled brinjal and green peas.
- Now for seasoning, take some oil in a pan and add chana dal, urid dal, red chillies, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and fry them till they start smelling good and turn golden.
- Mix it to the boiled veggies and add some salt if you like.
- Garnish it with corriander leaves and serve it hot.
While cutting the brinjal always cut them into water and do not forget to add a spoon of salt to the water. This ensures that brinjal tastes good, otherwise you will find your curry a bit bitter in taste which is not good.